Woman, 23, Charged With Sexual Assault

She And Boy, 15, Met At Hotel After Talking On MySpace, Court Documents Say

A Cape Cod woman was released Tuesday on $25,000 bail after being charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old New Britain boy she met on the Internet.

Sarah Colby, 23, of Dennis, Mass., drove more than 100 miles to have a sexual rendezvous with the boy July 30 at a hotel on Berlin Road, according to an arrest warrant application unsealed this week in Superior Court in Middletown.

Colby was arrested Aug. 16 and charged with second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor. She is due back in court Sept. 15.

Cromwell Police Chief Anthony Salvatore called Colby a "female predator" who assaulted an impressionable male she met on

The woman and the boy continued to communicate on MSN messenger and cell phones, Salvatore said.

Parents must be aware of their child’s Internet activities and with whom they are communicating, Salvatore said, noting that Colby and the minor exchanged nude pictures on the Internet before they met in person.

"It is a case that is a cause for concern," Salvatore said.

According to the arrest warrant application, New Britain police first became involved when the boy’s mother reported him missing July 30.

Colby told police she and the boy met online through a female friend in Connecticut and subsequently began discussing fooling around, according to court records.

Colby said she began to develop feelings for the boy and decided to book a hotel room July 30. After the boy attended a family picnic, he met Colby and their mutual female friend and began driving around in Colby’s SUV, the court document said.

Ending up at the hotel about 9 p.m., Colby and the boy had a sexual encounter while the friend napped in a nearby chair, the warrant application said.

When the boy eventually returned home hours later, his mother noticed a hickey on his neck, the document said. She confronted her son, and after he explained what had happened, she confronted Colby and the mutual friend. She then called New Britain police a second time.

Leave a Reply